Wednesday, July 25, 2012

God's Work

These past few weeks have been really interesting. I am not exactly sure where to start. I have learned a lot from God. I have also been trying to cross of things from my bucket list. I guess I should just fill you in on what has been happening this past few weeks here.

I have had the amazing opportunity to go to my first rodeo with my friend Holly. We actually were able to go for free because our friend, Hayley had been given tickets for her birthday and she wasn't going to go. The rodeo was unbelievable! I couldn't believe how many people would risk their lives for something that was just a show. However, watching them do it was really impressive. My favorite part was probably the bull riding because those animals are just so majestic! I also was able to visit the Stanley Hotel with Hayley, where Stephen King got the inspiration to write The Shining. Unfortunately, we were unable to see any ghosts but I really had an awesome time with Hayley and I really got an awesome opportunity to understand and get to know her more. For my project day last week we went to a Colorado Rockies game which is the Colorado's Major League Baseball team. It was really fun, however it ended up raining and we were in what is called the "Rock Pile" and there was nothing above our heads, therefore we got really wet, soaked even! But it was a great opportunity to bond with everyone. The next day I was
^^The Rodeo!

able to go horseback riding with Josie and Dale at the Y and it was so much fun! It was only for an hour, but I was able to ride a horse named Corndog. He had so much character and we really had a great time! That day we also went to go tye-dye a shirt and visited the museum. All of this was really fun! The next day I went to the staff prom that they have at the Y. It was so much fun and I ended up wining a prize! It was a drawing for a $50 gift card to Target. After that I was able to go fly fishing for my first time! It is probably something that I am never going to do again, but I did catch a fish (a rainbow trout!) and it was really fun to try. Out of all of these events, the one thing that was probably the hardest thing that I have ever had to do was hiking/climbing Longs Peak. Longs Peak is a fourteener. This means that the elevation is at 14,000 feet (some of the highest mountains in our country). It is also the hardest fourteener. This was the biggest physical challenge that I have ever had to go through, but making it to the top was the most amazing sight I have ever seen.

There are still things that I want to do here, like take a picture at the Estes Park sign, but these adventures here so far have been so awesome. I wouldn't trade it for the world! Through these adventures, I have been really learning a lot through God. One thing is I have been really praying for the women in Bowling Green. My vision is that every woman on campus hears the gospel. But I have been trying to figure out how to accomplish this vision. God has definitely been blessing this, and I think I have and idea of a plan with help from the director of LT, John Drage. I'm not going to tell you the plan, but I have seen
                                                                                         ^^The Stanley Hotel
that the main problem is women in BG need to know how to be discipled and know how to disciple. So, I am hoping to propose an idea to h2o when I get back that will help fix this problem!


                                               ^^The look from the Summit of Longs Peak

Another thing that God has been showing me is healing from my past. I have been going to workshops about women being exposed. So far they have been really awesome but a lot of work on myself. One thing that they talked about two weeks ago was emotional healing. Macie, our teacher for this workshop really encouraged us to ask God to go into our lives and try to heal from our past, present and future hurts. I know that I have healed a lot through counsoling and time but I also have known for awhile that I need more healing. I know I am not completely free from my abuse, but when I asked God what I needed to heal in, He definitely showed me! At work, I found people getting upset with me. I didn't understand and soon after I realized what I was doing. If I ever feel disrespected, or not in control of the situation then I lash out on the person. This is really horrible because I make the person who was just talking to me, feel terrible. I was feeling very convicted and at the next workshop, I talked to Macie about it. She suggested that I try Theophostics Praying, something that helped her a lot. This is where the person that wants to heal prays to God, there are usually two people helping and they guide you through the prayer by asking questions to dig deeper into what God is saying. So, I scheduled an appointment with her and I did it just yesterday. It turns out, I have a lot more to heal from, but God really blessed the session and helped me heal from a lot. At work, this girl who was getting mad at me was really making me feel dumb, unworthy, and not a good Crew Leader. I was starting to believe these lies and through this prayer, I was able to get a little bit of healing from it. I still think that I need to keep getting healing from it, and it is not a overnight heal, but God is really working in my life and trying to heal these different situations. It is so awesome and such a blessing! Although, I am not going to lie, it is SO hard! I really feel like I am growing through my abuse issues and I am definitely growing more with God.

In my project group things have been really going well. We are getting a lot of opportunities to bond and just have so much fun together! This past week we made a video together which I will post soon! There is a competition for whoever makes the best video at closing ceremonies. I am personally excited for ours and I think it is really hilarious! Some of my project group made a fake twitter account of me, if you would like to see it or follow me, here it is: https://twitter.com/FakeMsMichelle I have heard that it is pretty funny and mind you, none of it is me, it's just some of my friends who have made it up!

I still have 10 more days here, and 8 more work days. I am SO excited to go home, although I am really going to miss everyone that I have made friends with and the community here. But I am really excited to get REAL food, a REAL shower, a REAL night of sleep, and to see my dogs and my family! I won't be home for very long, but I'll be glad to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment